Friday, May 29, 2009

Getting textual


For those times you don’t practice safe text…

Its so elegant and so amazing an idea, I am kicking myself that I didn’t think of it first.
Texts from last night is a blog where anyone can post the funny texts they received the evening before, thereby recycling the ridiculous things that occurred amongst their friends.

Some are illicit, some are silly, some strike a little too close to home, and all will make you feel better about yourself.

It's an easy enough process --not that I've ever *cough cough* submitted anything-- all you do is email the text you want to submit, with the first three digits of your area code. If it passes the webmaster’s standards, the text is displayed for all to see—only identifiable by the area code before it.

A sampling:

(201): she offered me iced tea and went to go change.then her dad came in the door.i thought i was on how to catch a predator.

(563): I had so many friends before that round of Never Have I Ever.

(510): he said he didn't have a condom.
(415): and you said?
(510): that that's fine cause i was ready to be a mom. yeah - he magically had a condom he forgot about after that.

(301): Do you realize that Last night you pissed in my closet and then walked to the bathroom to wash your hands?

(203): my drunken desire to be gossip girl continues to ruin friendships for me

Really, it such a good site, and can kind of be considered “green” since its recycling something, right? It was hard to only showcase a few, so here are some more for your viewing pleasure:

(219): Dude, I just saw a bird vs. squirrel fight. A car won.

(813): This guy told us that for a dollar and two cigarettes he'd let Megan stomp on his crotch. We were gonna refuse, but we figured someone had to keep him from passing his stupid genes along.

Until they figure out how to install breathalyzers into cell-phones which will %100 prevent these sorts of literary gems, you can enjoy the whole
TFLN (that’s how the in-the-know people refer to it) in-box, and lol, rotf, and enjoy all other sorts of abbreviated reactions. :)

Also, friends seem to really like it when you paste and copy choice postings onto their Facebook walls? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is Bill Hawthorne, and I represent maacenter.org, a leading web resource for asbestos exposure and mesothelioma cancer information. Our organization is dedicated to increasing awareness of the terrible health consequences of asbestos exposure through the distribution of the best informational materials and public outreach efforts.

    I found your site through a search and decided to contact you because of its high environmental and green presence which is extremely important in our movement. Your viewers are extremely savvy and motivated. The promotion of how buildings should now be built using green products to avoid asbestos and mesothelioma as well as the awareness of past buildings and preventative steps in avoiding asbestos exposure are extremely important. My goal is to get a resource link on your site/blog or even to provide a guest posting to be placed.

    I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to check out our website at www.maacenter.org. Thank you for your time and consideration.

    Please email me back at bhawthorne@maacenter.org

    Bill

    ReplyDelete